Rules for providing your own transfer drive
1) The drive must be EMPTY. Your transfer drive will be formatted (all your data will be permanently deleted) before we start moving the recovered data.
2) If your transfer drive is too small or defective (i.e. contains bad sectors, un-mounts itself while moving data, etc), we will move your data to the smallest drive we have for sale.
3) If Not Repairing Your Computer,The drive must be an external hard drive (with USB, Firewire, or Thunderbolt) or a bare SATA drive.
4) Transfer drive cannot be a NAS drive (with an ethernet connection) or a USB flash drive (unless the bad drive is also flash).
5) Drive must arrive in the same box as the bad drive (you cannot send in a transfer drive after we receive your bad drive). If you fail to include a transfer drive with your bad drive, we will move your data to the smallest drive we have for sale. For "Drop Off" customers, you must provide the Transfer drive when dropping off the bad device.
6) Drive should be equal or greater size than bad drive (you could provide a smaller drive, but if it's not big enough to store all your data, we will move your data to the smallest drive we have for sale).
7) If you fail to include a transfer drive with your bad drive, you must buy one from us.
We do not need any USB cables (not for the Transfer Drive, or the "bad" drive). But, if your Transfer Drive uses an AC adapter (that is: you don't have a "portable" drive, powered from the USB cable), you must include this AC adapter. We don't need the AC adapter for your "bad" drive (if it used one).